BEST DP and Return Yards.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BEST DP and Return Yards.

I am in a league that is mostly IDP, but most of the roster slots are DP with just 2 slots each for DL, DB and LB.

The scoring is nothing unusual.

During the draft I loaded up on LBs for my DP slots and did OK Sunday. But I was wondering what you think of this strategy?

Also, pts are given (1 pt per 10 yds) for returns and I am always looking to sneak a couple of IDP guys in that will accumulate pts from Return Yards. I see a few guys that are listed as IDP, but they only return kicks and are not likely to pick up at IDP pts. Am I missing any others?  Best if they are returning punts and kickoffs although I realize the kicking/return game isn't what it used to be.
Matt Matt
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: BEST DP and Return Yards.

1pt for 10 return yards is nuts!

Adoree Jackson is the first guy that comes to mind. 894 total kick+punt return yards last season, 61 solo, and 9 assists plus he was in on a few offensive plays. I'm not sure what his outlook is for this year. Looks like me missed a few snaps in week 1 on defense. Not sure why.

Jabrill Peppers took had 498 return yards last year and 44/13 on the defensive side of the ball as a rookie. But he only took 35 snaps (41.7%) on defense in week 1 when he was basically 100% last season. I don't know the story their either.

After that honestly it gets really suspect really quickly. Maybe watch Pacman Jones and see if he plays more in Denver in the coming weeks?

As far as offense is concerned, trade for Tyler Lockett like right freakin now, and take a good look at Pharoh Cooper, Ted Ginn, and Alex Erickson. They might make really nice backup or even starting wide outs.
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for the response. I have Lockett and Sproles although Sproles is out this week. I also got a few pts from Amendola and Tavon Austin. I don't have any IDPs who got Return pts in week 1. I loaded up on LBs for my DP positions and my DBs, Reshad Jones, Bubba Baker and Landon Collins are good for pts, but not Return yds pts.

I thought I might find an IDP that generates a lot of IDP AND Return pts, but it doesn't look like there are any this year. Return pts, even though you get 1 per 10 yds, are hard to chase because of all the touchbacks and fair catches.

AllAboutTheNumbers AllAboutTheNumbers
Reply | Threaded
|

For IDP with return yards, does Mike Hughes become relevant?
Red Herring Red Herring
Reply | Threaded
|

Hughes is definitely relevant, though he's probably a matchup cb3 unless (unitl?) he takes over a starting job. Big dynasty special.