classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Wayne Wayne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2011 breakout candidates

This post was updated on .
Following are the players that are not likely drafted in 12 team league, but may end up with top 20 in their positions.

LBs: Akin Ayodele (Buf), Pat Angerer (IND), J Mays (Den), J Chaney (Phi)
CBs: Joe Haden (Cle), A Verner (Ten), A Allen (Min), J Allen (Mia)
Safeties: T Decoud (Atl), C Peprah (GB), N Harris (Car), S Gregory (SD), A Francisco (IND)

I did not add rookie class yet. Any thought?
Alex Alex
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2011 breakout candidates

As far as LB's go, I would also add the following:

McClain (BAL) --- Lewis is getting older and McClain is performing when given the opportunity to play
Muckleroy (CIN) --- already took over the MLB role on goal line formations
Curran (TEN) --- Tulloch will probably be leaving, apparently Curran might be the fill-in
Lee (DAL) --- has had an opportunity to play and has looked good so far

If we could get a list of potential breakout candidates going that would be awesome!
Alex Alex
Reply | Threaded
|

In terms of CB's I like Haden and Verner. I think Asher Allen will lose his job to Cedric Griffin when he returns.

Another guy to think about is Barwin, the DE from HOU. With Phillips being signed as the defensive coordinator for HOU, they might go with a 3-4 meaning Barwin should get some opportunities as a pass rushing OLB. If he maintains his DE status (a la Suggs) he might have some value in 2011.
Wayne Wayne
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Alex for your great post. Let's make this post as a thread and keep the list updated for 2011 breakout players. The information make us a jump start for 2011 IDP league.

LBs: Akin Ayodele (Buf), Pat Angerer (IND), J Mays (Den), J Chaney (Phi), McClain (Bal), Lee (Dal),  Muckleroy (CIN), Curran (TEN)
CBs: Joe Haden (Cle), A Verner (Ten)  
Safeties: T Decoud (Atl), C Peprah (GB), N Harris (Car), S Gregory (SD), A Francisco (IND), E Berry (KC),  

We could keep add or delete players from the list. If you have any updated info, I will update this list.

Alex Alex
Reply | Threaded
|

Hey Wayne -

Sounds great! If we could get more help that would be awesome too ;-)

As the off-season continues I'll add any new players here with explanations and then we can just update the list like you said. Thanks for starting this thread. I think it has potential if we could get some more voices.

-Alex
Wayne Wayne
Reply | Threaded
|

I agree with you 100% in that this thread will be the source for the great sleeper pickups. Chaney (Phi) and McClain (Bal) already had a great game during this post season by leading tackles in their team! This showed that our sleeper picks started to work already.
Alex Alex
Reply | Threaded
|

Also just read a report from Rotoworld that it is more than likely that Stewart Bradley will be move to SLB next season while Chaney takes over the MLB position. That would be huge for Chaney in IDP leagues. Pick him up or trade for him while you can!
Wayne Wayne
Reply | Threaded
|

I have Chaney in my keeper league. I picked him up at week 14. He has been a monster when he started as MLB. I cannot keep too many LBs as I have to protect RBs and WRs. The question is whether other owners snatch him up in the early round or not. For that reason, I may consider keeping him if he secure MLB starting spot. My other LBs are S Tulloch, Beason, D Ryan and Angerer. I can keep one or two LBs. Tulloch has been a sure keeper, but according to your report, he could be in other team next season. The environment is so important factor for LB over the talent. Beason had a disappointing season as a WLB although he could come back as MLB next season. I am not sure D Ryan will completely be back from season ending injury. Angerer is not a keeper candidate yet.
Alex Alex
Reply | Threaded
|

Another person that is worth taking a flier on is Dan Connor, the LB from CAR. If you don't have him, he can be bought or traded for very easily since his future isn't certain and he hasn't done much yet.

He makes an interesting pick up because he and Beason both seem to be built for the MLB role. Beason is obviously better, but there is speculation that Beason may be moved to SLB because he does a better job at that position than Connor. If that were to happen, Connor could make a very decent IDP play.
Art Art
Reply | Threaded
|

I agree that Don Connor could be in MLB position and more productive than Beason next year. what I don;t agree is that we cannot put him as a sleeper candidate as he has been stud for significant part of the season. Therefore, I can;t imagine he will be undrafted in 12 team format.
Wayne Wayne
Reply | Threaded
|

I added Don Connor to the list based on suggestion by Alex. I do not think he will be drafted as Car LB situation is still murky and Beason/Anderson are leading the group. Good suggestion!

LBs: Akin Ayodele (Buf), Pat Angerer (IND), J Mays (Den), J Chaney (Phi), McClain (Bal), Lee (Dal),  Muckleroy (CIN), Curran (TEN), Don Connor (Car)
CBs: Joe Haden (Cle), A Verner (Ten)  
Safeties: T Decoud (Atl), C Peprah (GB), N Harris (Car), S Gregory (SD), A Francisco (IND), E Berry (KC)

I would like to listen to your suggestion to add or remove the names in the list. We will keep updating this list prior to 2011 kickoff.
Pat Pat
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Wayne
Does anyone think Ayodele will actually play this year in Buffalo?
acinoralas acinoralas
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Wayne
i have heard thay will not bring anderson back.. davis conner and beason are going to be the 3 starters in all likelyhood
Joshua Joshua
Reply | Threaded
|

That means either Connor or Beason will have a monster year. I would draft both of them and keep only one depending on the situation.
Scott Scott
Reply | Threaded
|

How about some early IDP rankings for 2011. The free agency period is open in my dynasty leagues!
acinoralas acinoralas
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Pat
idk but his 2nd half of the year was so eye poping hes atleast worth a look imo
acinoralas acinoralas
Reply | Threaded
|

i think Stanford Routt, mike mitchall in oak could both b worth a look with namdi gone.. teams will test them.. and Lardarius Webb is an underrated idp db when health... for de i really like Dunlap and Michael Johnson in cin and Mincey looks good in jax lol,.. thats alot but i think there are some gems in there.. p.s verner berry and some of your other names are studs and far from sleeping
acinoralas acinoralas
Reply | Threaded
|

another safty troy nolen for hou could be in for a big year.. hou cut pollerd and 50 tacks and 3 pickd in 3 starts is not bad
Nate Nate
Reply | Threaded
|

Nate Irvin will be a beast same with jaquan jarrett...