2010 rookies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
blitz blitz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2010 rookies

just looking for some thoughts on these rookies moving foward .

perry riley
o'brien schofield
dekoda watson
darryl sharpton
jamar chaney
micah johnson

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2010 rookies

Hey Blitz:

Sorry for the long delay in responding. My notification settings were turned off so I didn't realize you posted until recently. Here is my response:

Perry Riley - - LFB and Rocky McIntosh are going to start in the inside of Haslett's 3-4 defense. However, LFB is quite old and Riley may find himself as the heir-apparent if he plays well. He should see decent playing time in nickel packages this season. However, is upside is quite limited until he can maneuver himself into a starting role.

O'Brien Schofield - Obviously the problem with Schofield is that he's likely going to miss at least the first 6 games of the season with a torn ACL. He has potential as pass-rushing OLB in the Cardinals 3-4 system, but he's not a guy I'm targeting.

Dekoda Watson - I'm not too big on Watson mainly because he has a long and tiresome road ahead of him in TB to gain a starting spot. The Bucs have three solid linebackers in Rudd, Hayes, and Black and I just don't see Watson getting enough playing time to be valuable.

Darryl Sharpton - He could push WLB Zac Diles for some snaps, but he'll probably just end up in a reserve role and/or a special teams player.

Jamar Chaney - I'm actually high on Chaney even though he was a 7th round draft selection. He's not going to get drafted even in the deepest of leagues and with Ernie Sims injury history, he play get some playing time. He had good speed for a linebacker of his size. If he could avoid the injury bug, he may a deep, deep sleeper.

Micah Johnson - He's been cut by the Giants. No value here.

I hope this helps you. I'm really glad you posted in the forum and I look forward to answering more of your questions.