classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
EL BURRO EL BURRO
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

14 team, IDP Roster question...

Guru -

Big fan of your work - especially the updated 3 down LB section. Use that religiously. Keep up the great content. Wanted your quick opinion on my IDP roster.

FORMAT: 14 team, deep 22 man rosters, redraft league. Big $$$, so everyone knows their stuff.

ROSTER: We start 6 IDPS - 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 DL, 2 D (flex). Given the tackle oriented scoring below, I like rostering LB's and mixing/ matching based on match-ups.

SCORING: Tackle Solo (1 pt), Tackle Assist (0.5 pt), Sack (3 pt), Int (3 pt), Fumble Forced (2 pt), Fumble Recovery (2 pt), Passes Defended (1 pt), Tackle for Loss (1 pt), Safety (2 pt), Block Kick (2pt), Defensive Touchdown (6 pt)

LB - Derrick Johnson (KC)
LB - Donald Butler (SD)
DB - Morgan Burnett (GB)
DL - Chandler Jones (NE)
D - Perry Riley (WAS)
D - Desmond Bishop (MIN)
BENCH - Mychal Kendricks (PHI), Pat Angerer (IND)

Question 1 -- I took Pat Angerer with my last IDP pick. Granted it is pre-season, but he has looked spry. Not sure if that is a thing to come or just a case of Indy getting him some run. Wasn't too long ago when this dude had 142 tackles. What are your thoughts on that playing-time situation with presence of Kelvin Sheppard and Jerrell Freeman?

Question 2 -  How would you rank these 3 available upside/ sleeper LBs and are any of them worth rostering now over my guys above?:
KJ Wright (SEA)
Demario Davis (NYJ)
Jon Beason (CAR)

Appreciate the help in advance and good luck Week 1.

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 14 team, IDP Roster question...

I like Angerer as a value pick. Still think Freeman is the player to own as Angerer may only be a two-down player. I'd swap out Bishop for Demario Davis. Jets are going to be on the field all day and the kid has LB1 talent if he can continue to grow.
EL BURRO EL BURRO
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 14 team, IDP Roster question...

Sound advice. Like that I had already grabbed Demario and dumped Bishop before you responded; makes me feel even better. Also sounds like Bishop is coming off the bench to start the year.

I will watch those sub-packages with Angerer as you suggested.

Appreciate the response.